Themis Klarides practices municipal law throughout Connecticut. As a trusted community leader, Themis has working relationships with towns and cities across the State. Committed to supporting sustainable and cost-effective local operations and governance, she values the opportunity to connect municipalities with legal services that address their needs.
In addition to her legal practice with Marino, Zabel & Schellenberg, PLLC, Themis is currently serving her 11th term as State Representative for the 114th House District, which includes Woodbridge, Orange and Derby. Following the 2018 statewide elections, she was unanimously chosen for the third time as Leader by her House Republican colleagues – the first woman to hold the position. In 2018, she was awarded the Prescott Bush Award, recognizing her political leadership and contribution to the development of politics in Connecticut.
Themis is an outspoken leader on issues regarding the state’s finances, job creation, education, taxes and many others. She is also active in her community, serving on numerous boards and civic organizations. Among other involvements, she is an outspoken advocate for first responders and public safety personnel including firefighters, police, and emergency medical technicians. She also assists victims of domestic violence and provides volunteer legal assistance to women and children at The Umbrella Center for Domestic Violence Services. Themis is proud to have been recently honored by the Radiological Society of Connecticut for her women’s health advocacy and by the Jewish Federation Association of Connecticut for her work concerning holocaust and genocide education.
A native of Seymour, Themis was raised around a family supermarket business that taught her the value of hard work and the rewards of community involvement.
- Prescott Bush Award, Connecticut Republican Party, 2018
- Recognition for Patient Advocacy, Radiological Society of Connecticut, 2018
- Recognition for Holocaust and Genocide Education Work, Jewish Federation Association of Connecticut, 2018
- Connecticut Bar Association
- New Haven County Bar Association
- The Umbrella Domestic Violence Group
- Fairfield County Safe Kids and Derby School Special Friends Program, Advisory Board
- Griffin Health Services, Board of Directors
- Derby Planning and Zoning Commission, Past Member
- Seymour Board of Finance, Past Member