David Zabel is a seasoned litigator in a wide range of areas. He has extensive experience in complex litigation in federal and state courts as well as arbitration proceedings, including disputes involving closely held businesses, business torts, labor and employment matters, trust and probate litigation, municipal litigation, real estate litigation, representing policyholders in coverage disputes, and complex bankruptcy proceedings.
In the employment arena, David advises and represents businesses, nonprofit organizations, municipalities, and individuals in a wide variety of matters including discrimination and wrongful discharge claims, internal workplace investigations, employee discipline and terminations, CT Department of Labor investigations, employment agreements and restrictive covenants, municipal collective bargaining and labor relations, and personnel policies and procedures.
David served as Counsel to the Federal Grievance Committee from 2011 to 2016.
- Benchmark Litigation, Local Litigation Star, 2011-2019
- Best Lawyers in America®, Employment Law-Individuals, 2018-2020
- Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation-Labor & Employment 2019-2020
- Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, 2019-2020
- Connecticut Super Lawyers®, Business Litigation, 2009, 2013-2022
- Martindale Hubbell, AV® Preeminent™ Peer Rating
- Connecticut Bar Association, Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2001-2006, 2008
- Connecticut Federal District Court, Pro Bono Award, 2016
- Connecticut Bar Association
Commercial Law Section and Bankruptcy Section
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association
Labor and Employment Law Section
- Fairfield Fire Commission, Past Chairman